Digital marketing has revolutionized the way businesses and brands reach their target audience. The digital channel allows you to engage with your customers and prospects more personally by leveraging your website, social media channels, blogs, and other digital media. This guide will help you understand what digital channels exist today and how they can be used effectively as part of your marketing strategy.
Voice is the fastest-growing way to interact with brands. It’s no longer a futuristic idea: voice search is the future of search, and voice assistants can help you shop, bank, and book travel—all from your living room couch or behind the wheel of your car. Voice assistants also offer a level of personalization previously impossible in digital channels. They listen to and remember your preferences for music, news sources and more—and they can even scan through your emails to recommend restaurants based on previous messages about dining out!
Location-based marketing is one of the most popular types of mobile marketing. It uses location data to send relevant messages to people based on where they are, what they’re doing and when.
Location-based marketing can target consumers with offers, promotions and information about products and services in their area. This type of marketing is also known as geofencing because it uses GPS coordinates to define a specific geographic region (the “fence”) within which content will be sent according to a pre-defined schedule (the “geo”).
You also want to consider online video. Video is a great way to reach people. It’s an engaging medium and can be used to tell a story that may not be possible with other types of content. For example, you could use video to educate and inform—but if your content is purely educational, then you might want to consider podcasts instead.
Mobile video is the fastest-growing format, but it’s also one of the most powerful. It’s a great way to tell your brand’s story, promote your products and services, and educate customers.
- Video is the most engaging form of content.
- It can be used to get attention, build trust with prospects and customers, increase sales conversions and encourage customer loyalty among other things!
Augmented reality and virtual reality
Augmented reality and virtual reality are two of the most exciting technologies being used in marketing today. The possibilities are endless, but there’s one thing that needs to be kept in mind: nothing is foolproof.
While AR is great for its ability to engage customers at their location and VR is great for immersing them in new experiences, both have their drawbacks. While there isn’t a single perfect answer for every business, here’s what you should consider before jumping headfirst into either technology:
Automation is a great tool for marketers to scale their marketing efforts and deliver relevant content to their audience.
Here are some of the ways you can use automation:
- Send out relevant content. Automation can send out content directly related to your business or industry that helps educate potential customers and clients. You don’t have to spend hours researching and writing blog posts—automation allows you to automatically send out new blog posts or articles as they’re published. You may also want to consider offering educational material such as ebooks or webinars on topics relevant to your industry.
- Send reminders and follow-up emails. Automation makes it easy for you not only to keep track of leads but also to ensure they get important information about your company or product right away so there isn’t any confusion down the line (and hopefully, leads will become customers!).
Paid ads are a great way to reach new customers. You can use paid ads to promote an event or special offer, or you can use them to test out new products and services before they become available to the public.
For example, you could start with some simple Facebook ads that link back to your website. Once you’ve got a few conversions and some positive feedback from customers, it might be time for more expensive Google AdWords campaigns with higher bids and more specific targeting options (such as location).
Influencer marketing & social media networks
Influencer marketing is working with an influencer to promote your brand, product or service. Influencers are people who have a large following on social media and can help you reach new audiences.
Social media networks include Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. These networks can target specific groups based on demographics, interests and more.
- Digital marketing is the future of marketing.
- It’s important for your business to embrace digital channels, especially if you’re looking to reach customers in new ways.
- There are plenty of opportunities for brands to use digital channels to connect with customers, build brand awareness and drive sales across all channels.
Digital marketing has become an essential part of many businesses’ strategies to reach customers, but it can be difficult to incorporate into existing marketing channels. By looking at some examples of how different businesses have implemented these efforts, it should be easier for you to develop a plan for your own company’s digital marketing efforts.